Little Étoile Club
Little Étoile Club is a community-based initiative that is run by kids, for kids. Creating a welcoming environment for children to be themselves and simply enjoy the task at hand.
Safety is our number one priority, whilst we conduct various activities throughout the sessions. A few of our activities include, Chess, D.I.Y, Robotics, and Cooking classes. For more information, feel free to scroll down a little more and have a look for yourself.
Predominately targeting children between the ages 6 and 11, the group is suited to all children looking to develop new skills to use at home, in the classroom and with friends.
With sessions running monthly, we conduct two different groups every session to ensure age groups are matched and suited.
- Having fun is a priority as they take part in different activities to develop imagination
- Making friends is encouraged as your 1child develops effective communication skills.
- Working together is prominent through our sessions, seeking engagement from peers to complete tasks.
- Exercising is so important to release endorphins and enhance gross motor skills.
Additionally, as a token of good faith, we would also like to help your children give back to the community. At the end of some of our sessions, we will invite some children to join us in providing a free course at some children hospitals, nursing homes and many more organisations.
Little Étoile Club is proudly sponsored by Max Biocare Pty Ltd
Next Chess and Sphero sessions will be on 24th November 2019
Learn and play one of the oldest games in the world!
Develop Science skills from an easy-to-use invention kit
Dumplings or Cupcakes? Make them all, and them cook at home!
Including painting and arts & crafts
Learn how to program your own robot with Sphero
Tell us what you want to do!
Here we have photos of our past sessions, with children learning, having fun, and testing their skills 😊
Register Your Interest
Important information to know:
- The second last Sunday of each month, from 1.45pm to 4pm.
- All spots will be finalised on the Thursday prior to the session.
Activities are conducted according to the topics.
3. What to bring
- A drink bottle and/or snacks.
- Little Étoile Hub provides all the necessary items for activities.
Little Étoile Hub starts at 1:45pm, however parents must sign their child in by 1:35pm.
Collect children from the room (LVL 1, 667 Chapel Street), and children must be signed out by their parent and/or guardian.
6. Further information
Spaces are subject to availability and further details will be provided about the specific activity upon registering.
7. Activities this month
Chess – Fun time with the Chess Champion
Sphero – Making your first coding moving with us. Learn more of Sphero: https://www.sphero.com/
Meet the Tutors
Dr. George Thouas
Dr. George Thouas has worked as a scientist in medical research for nearly 20 years. At Max Biocare, he researches and develops new products for many areas of human health. Outside of work, George loves science fiction movies, bike riding, and walking his beautiful dog.
Shveta Mehta has worked in Food and medicine science for nearly 20 years. Outside of work, Shveta is a mom of three (ages 13, 8 and 7). She loves to spend time with family, and enjoys crafts, reading bad sci-fi novels and watches cricket.
Anthony Hain has been a chess coach for over 10 years. He enjoys the mental challenge of mind games and puzzles, including playing chess blindfolded. Outside of chess his hobbies include squash & racquetball.
Some achiement of Anthony:
- 2005 Chess National Interschool Championships Runner up
- 2015 Under 2200 rating prize winner at Doeberl Cup
- 2015 Candidate Master Title Achieved At the Sydney Oceania Zonal
- 2017 A Grade National Racquetball circuit champion
- 2017 A Grade Racquetball Australian Open Winner
- 2017 A Grade Racquetball Victorian Open Winner
- 2018 Top Cut Finalist at the Dragonball super card game national championships